Welcome to the Diamond Attic Windows Sewalong
This is the place to find all the information you need as it is released for this Sewalong!This info will stay so you can refer to it any time after the Sewalong is complete.
Finished cushion size is approx. 18 inches (45 cms) square.
Have you joined our Facebook Group?
You can find us at Sewn Together Sewalongs - click here to join.
Scroll down to see the step by step videos.
Nice To Have:
- Eppiflex Diamond Attic Windows English Paper Piecing Templates
- Fabric - 30cms of the light window frame colour
- Fabric - 30cms of the dark window frame colour
- Fabric - raid your scrap basket for a variety of pieces 2" x 3 1/2", 2" strips or similar are suitable too!
- Fabric for the cushion back
- Glue Pen and refills - not necessary if you prefer to thread baste..I find glue basting much easier and quicker.
- Thread - I love to use both Wonderfil Decobob and Superior Bottomline threads. Wonderfil Invisifil is also a very popular thread for EPP.
- Hand Needles - Jeana Kimball Needles in size 10 are my favourite. They are quite fine but so is the thread and I get less visible stitches with a fine needle and thread.
- Cushion insert - I like to go up a size (50cms) to make the cushion a little more 'plump'
- general sewing supplies such as rotary cutter and mat, fabric scissor and thread snips. Fabric clips are also handy.
- 6 1/2" x 2 1/2" fluro ruler - perfect for using to cut around our EPP shapes
- Rotating Cutting Mat - it makes cutting the fabric much easier!
- 28mm rotary cutter - I find this smaller size easier and lighter to use
- Mini Iron
- Wool Pressing Mat - together with the mini iron, these 2 are great additions to your sewing room and perfect for pressing those smaller seams